- Permanent makeup uses a digital machine or microblade to implant pigment into the skin.
- With machine (otherwise know as the digital version) the pigment is implant through a needle and the needle speed is driven by electricity.
- A microblade is a handheld tool used to implant pigment
- Most skins can be treated although not all skins can be treated using a microblade
- This treatment can last 1-5 years as it will fade, depending on many factors – skin type, exposure to sun, skin care, etc.
- PMU using a digital machine gives you more scope to advance your skills, add to your training and grow your business as you can use a machine on brows, lips, liner, scalp & body areas (for medical).
- Microblading is more affordable as there is no outlay for a machine
- You can develop your business and skills into scalp pigmentation, medical tattooing for breast reconstruction, cosmetic tattoo correction and removal procedures and scar relaxation.
At The Clinical Academy we provide you with 'modular' training. Pick a course specific for your need, either ABT accredited or VTCT/CPD qualified, and complete that in a shorter time frame. Your certificate will demonstrate your learning and you’ll be able to get your insurance. Training with us, you can cherry pick which treatments you want to learn about.WHAT IS MICROBLADING?
- If you are a therapist or technician that is excited to offer a form of micro pigmentation, this is a more cost effective way of getting into semi-permanent makeup. There are lower set up fees, and no machine outlays.
- The technician uses a hand held blade (in the form of needles) to open the skin and implant pigment into the selected and agreed shape. This then gives a bespoke fullness and shape.
- Not for all skin types – we will teach you how to advise your future clients.
- Customers need 2-3 treatments.
- Microblading lasts about 6-12 months before needing a maintenance treatment to keep fresh.
Semi permanent make up or permanent makeup is the use of a machine or microblade to implant pigment/ink into the skin to improve appearance and enhance shape & colour. Permanent make up pigments fade as opposed to tattoo ink which is longer lasting.HOW DO I BECOME A SEMI-PERMANENT MAKEUP ARTIST
For those ready to start training and offering this as a treatment, no previous experience is required. At The Clinical Academy, our training facility is experienced in every part of the treatment process and can support you during your training and long after. If you are thinking of training to be able to offer this treatment at your clinic, it really is worth giving our experts a no-obligation call to discuss your options.DO I NEED TO HAVE DONE A LEVEL 1 AND 2 IN BEAUTY TO STUDY A LEVEL 3 BEAUTY COURSE?
No - we teach to Level 3 and 4 without any prior experience in the industry.DO I NEED TO DO A FULL LEVEL 2 OR 3 BEAUTY COURSE JUST TO DO A SPECIFIC TREATMENT, E.G. A FACIAL?
At The Clinical Academy we provide you with modular training. Pick a course specific for your need, either ABT or VTCT accredited, and complete that in a shorter time frame. Your certificate will demonstrate your learning and you’ll be able to get your insurance. Training with us, you can focus on one treatment within a module.WHICH GOVERNING BODY DO I NEED FOR WHAT?
A National Vocational Qualification can be awarded by lots of different governing bodies: VTCT, C&G, CIBTAC, ITEC, etc., however the grades at which these bodies certificate should be the same. For example a VTCT NVQ Level 3 should be virtually identical to a City and Guilds Level 3.
Not all courses or training academies are endorsed by bodies who will provide recognised certificates but we are. Beware if you attend a training course and receive a certificate from the training company that is not endorsed by one of the industry standard bodies as this will not be recognised by an insurer.HOW DO I KNOW WHICH QUALIFICATIONS TO CHOOSE FOR WHAT TREATMENT?
That’s where we come in. We can discuss what you’re looking to do, in what type of premises (salon, spa, from home), advise you on courses we offer, and pricing so that you know how quickly you could get a return on the course investment.
Qualifications range from Level 1 to a Level 4. We uniquely offer up to Level 4 Microblading, Micropigmentation, Medical Needling, Laser/IPL, PRP and Meso Injectables. Qualifications are usually required for two reasons: To demonstrate prior learning to employers and clients as reassurance of your ability, and to enable you to get insurance.DO I NEED A BEAUTY QUALIFICATION TO SET UP MY BUSINESS?
It is advisable to gain a nationally-recognised vocational qualification before practicing professionally. This is reassurance for you personally that you have all the knowledge you require to carry out a treatment safely, and that you are supported by an insurer should anything go wrong.DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR THE COURSE ALL AT ONCE?
Give us a call, we'll talk through your goals and we'll tell you what course is best for you. Then, when you are ready, only pay a deposit. You can pay the rest 2 weeks before your course starts.CAN I GET CREDIT OR A LOAN TO LEARN WITH YOU?
We don’t offer credit but we do offer a budget plan which works really well for our students and we help them to plan their course start and how much they can pay per month. Alternatively, we work with a London college which offers Advanced Learner Loans. It is possible for you to apply for a loan but be aware the learning will be carried out in West London so you would need to be able to travel and stay in that area.